Light Duty Truck Repair in Rochester, WA
The United States federal regulations define light-duty trucks as trucks and vehicles that have a gross vehicle weight up to 8,500 pounds and payload capacities up to 4,000 pounds. These vehicles can include vans, pickup trucks, minivans, and sport utility vehicles (SUVs). The government set this vehicle classification for the regulation of fuel economy. These vehicles are typically used for utility rather than personal use, so these vehicles have lower fuel economy standards.
This regulation started in the 1970s when fuel economy regulations were starting to form and the United States government determined that trucks should not be held to the same standards as passenger cars. As the number of trucks sold increased, the initial regulation for trucks was now split to light-duty trucks and heavy-duty trucks.
Light Duty Trucks Today
Many Rochester, Washington, Oakville, Washington, Michigan Hill, Washington, Maytown, Washington, and Littlerock, Washington residents today use light-duty trucks for both recreational use and work. It is pretty commonplace to see light-duty truck models from Acura, Audi, BMW, and Buick be on the roads. In the United States, over half of the new cars sold are trucks. Here are some of the best-selling light-duty trucks today:
- Toyota Tundra: The Tundra is available in different cab configurations, but all feature Toyota’s V8 engine that could tow up to 10,200 pounds.
- Toyota Tacoma: Considered one of the lightest light-duty trucks, this truck is still very capable.
- Chevrolet Silverado: One of the best trucks on the market, this truck has a 6.2-liter V-8 powertrain and is extremely capable of towing.
- Chevrolet Colorado: This truck can tow up to 7,500 pounds and achieves an EPA-estimated fuel economy rating of 18 mpg city/25 mpg hwy.
- Ford F-150: One of the most popular trucks sold, the Ford F-150 offers both great towing abilities and luxury features.
- Ford Ranger: Ford relaunched this vehicle and has up to 7500 pounds of gasoline towing capacity.
- GMC Canyon: This truck has a turbo diesel 2.8-liter and also has an EPA fuel economy rating of 30 mpg on the highway
- GMC Sierra: This dependable truck introduced the MultiPro tailgate, offering drivers extremely flexibility with six different functions and positions.
These vehicles are extremely popular with buyers since they are very dependable and capable vehicles.
Your Reliable Shop for Light Duty Truck Repair
Your truck deserves to have the best possible car to keep running smoothly and continue to serve your needs. By taking good care of your truck, it will ensure that your truck keeps its towing capability. We at Auto Tech Services of Centralia and Rochester in Washington specialize in Diagnostics, Repair and Alignment Service, and can also perform routine services on your light-duty truck, such as regular maintenance, and tune-ups. Reasons You Should Do Business With Us:
- We have an excellent rating of 100 stars, based on reviews from 743 satisfied customers.
- We are Experts
We've been fixing cars since 2010 and our owner Leon Martin and technicians have years of automotive experience. Don't hesitate to schedule an appointment with Auto Tech Services of Centralia and Rochester, WA, 98579 today! You can do so online at https://autotechllc.net/ or by giving us a call at 360-273-8306. Auto Tech Services of Centralia and Rochester - Maintenance is easy to schedule... Breakdowns are not!.