Drive Train Service in Rochester, WA
A drive train is a mechanism through which the power from your vehicle's engine reaches the wheels. Drive trains work differently depending on their orientation. Most car makes, including Acura, Audi, BMW, and Buick, either have rear-wheel or front-wheel drive trains. In a rear-wheel drive train, the engine's power is delivered to the car's back wheels and is the most common orientation used on cars and trucks alike. This arrangement is good for delivering weight equally amongst all the vehicle's tires, which makes steering and handling easier. A front-wheel drive train, torque from the engine is supplied to the vehicle's front wheels.
The parts of a drive train include:
- The driveshaft, a long tube of steel that is linked to a car's transmission on one end and the wheels at the other. It transfers the mechanical power of the transmission to other parts of the vehicle.
- The U-joint, a flexible pivot point that gives power to the driveshaft.
- CV joints, that are part of the driveshaft and can bend in any direction while turning the drive wheels at a constant velocity.
- The differential, where the power makes its last stop before spinning the wheels.
- The axle shaft, which delivers power from the final drive assembly to the drive wheels.
Some signs that your vehicle may need a drive train repair include:
- Vibrations while driving.
Driveshafts are made to prevent vibrations, so if you feel any vibrations while you're driving, your vehicle probably needs a drive train service.
- Clunking, scraping, or rattling sounds.
If you hear strange noises, there is likely an issue with your vehicle's U-joint and indicates a rotation problem.
- Your transmission fluid starts leaking.
If you do not address the issues with your drive train right away, your vehicle's transmission will pay the price and you will probably notice leaking of transmission fluid.
The longer you wait to get a drive train service, the more damage will be done to your vehicle. If you are in Washington, don't wait to bring your car to Auto Tech Services of Centralia and Rochester. Our Expert technicians can take care of your vehicle. In addition, to drive train service, we also specialize in scheduled maintenance, and Alignment Service.
Drive Train Service Shop Serving Rochester and Beyond
We at Auto Tech Services of Centralia and Rochester have been serving communities in Rochester, Washington, Oakville, Washington, Michigan Hill, Washington, Maytown, Washington, Littlerock, Washington, and surrounding areas since 2010 and specialize in tune-ups, Diagnostics, Repair and so much more. We guarantee customer satisfaction. Reasons You Should Do Business With Us:
- We have a review score of 100 based on reviews from 743 satisfied customers.
If you are in Rochester, WA, 98579, or surrounding areas, feel free to give us a call at 360-273-8306 or schedule an appointment online with us at https://autotechllc.net/ today! Auto Tech Services of Centralia and Rochester - Maintenance is easy to schedule... Breakdowns are not!.